Sunday, April 11, 2010

2010 Ski Season: Day 22-Kirkwood

Location: Kirkwood
Date: 4/10/2010
Conditions: Groomers, crunchy, windy

Repairs

So I've matched my previous season total of 22 days which is also the most I've had in any season. I'm pretty happy about that. Carl contacted me on Facebook to see if I wanted to hit Kirkwood and the answer was an obvious yes. We headed out at 5AM and made it to Kirkwood by 8:30 or so. Carl rides a board and has gotten in 10 or so days this season. I know Kirkwood pretty well so I took him around starting off on some blues to warm up.

We headed to the backside and were disappointed to learn that Chair 4 was closed for wind. Oh well, at least we made it to the backside on potentially the last day it was open for the season.

That afternoon we met up with Walter (PPK) from the Bay Area Ski Bus. He was up with a bunch of rippers who had a cabin near 89&50. One guy in particular, Eric, was an amazing skier. I had to ask him to slow it down by 50% so I could see WTF he was up to. We did a bunch of laps on 6 before Carl and I reconnected and hits some blues to wind down the day.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: