Sunday, November 22, 2009

2010 Ski Season: Day 1-Northstar

Date: 11/21/2009
Location: Northstar
Conditions: Packed Powder, powder

Bayareaskibus Backodabus 2009/2010

Sunnyvale to Truckee and Back on Bayareaskibus

I've been waiting nearly six months to make this post. We started off the 2010 ski season in style yesterday at Northstar. Their season opener was marked with a 8" plus dump of fresh snow. My third turn of the season was in boot-deep powder.

Effectively, two runs were open. One had a small terrain park setup and the other was just a groomer. There were stashes of powder along side each of the runs. Some of the powder was strewn with rocks which definitely limited my willingness to explore.

One positive thing I will say for Northstar is all the employees there are super nice. When we got on the gondola first thing in the morning two employees took our skis and set them up in the rack outside the doors. At the top, another lifty grabbed Jodi's 148 rentals and my Volkl Mantra 184s to hand us our skis. As he handed me the Mantras, I said, "No, those are hers." Good times.

More to come as conditions improve and more mountains start to open. Peep the bayareaskibus site for more details.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comments:

Peter Fuchs said...

Will come back to see more stuff ;-)