Sunday, April 09, 2006

GLove 004


GLove 004
Originally uploaded by dmourati.
I just saw G Love with the Extra Special Sauce last night in Santa Cruz, CA. What a great show. I have to say it was one of the best performances I've ever sene. Opening up was San Francisco's own Samantha Stollenwerck. She was really cool and rocked the crowd while downing tequillas brought up by the fans. G Love arrived on stage shortly after her set with the Extra Special Sauce including Chuck Treece and Boyd (?) on keys. I really enjoy the new linenup. The coolest part of the show for me was watching the interplay between Houseman and Chuck Treece each on their own drum kits. They play really well together and have incorporated some really cool back and forth drumming that is fun and exciting. Another treat was seeing Jimi Jazz playing bass guitar. It's nice to know he can rock it out on the guitar in addition to his signature standup bass.

I had the chance to catch up with the boys after the show and pay my respects. Houseman and I talked a bit about the extended lineup and how he and Chuck get down on stage. It was a real treat to meat Chuck Treece in person and congratulate him on his performance. I love reggae and he defintely brings the dub style into G Love's performance in a rad way. I'm told Chuck is a former pro-skater and that he has worked as a session drummer for many high profile acts. What a nice addition to the G Love sound.

Some snaps from my (shitty) auto-jammy are up here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmourati/sets/72057594102934465 /

Peace out and I'm out.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: