Friday, June 22, 2007

Learning to Cook




I've been away from the kitchen for a good number of years here. The last time I can really remember cooking for myself on any kind of a regular basis, I was still in school.

On Monday of this week, I headed over to Williams-Sonoma in Palo Alto to get started on settings things straight. I had done some research and found out the basics of what I needed. Here's what I came home with:

8" Wusthof Chef's Knife
3 1/2" Wusthof Paring Knife
16x20" Boos Board
Mineral Oil
10" All-Clad Copper Core Fry Pan
4 Qt All-Clad Copper Core Soup Pot

So far, I've made just one dish, some grilled potatoes. They came out pretty good, I think. I'm in the process of buying some cookbooks and getting fresh fruits/veggies delivered so I'll have to see how that goes.

I love the knives, though. Wusthof is apparently a very good brand and I've read that good knives are the first thing you need in a kitchen.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: